What’s more exciting than the Superbowl? | Weekly Roundup
- Find a copy of your nonprofit’s latest email blast, and forward it to your smartphone. Can you read and interact with it easily? If not, try one of these tips for making your emails more mobile-friendly from Shane Ketterman.
- Thinking about how your organization can make use of social media and other online tools? Learn from the big guys with these interesting examples of how Southwest Airlines approaches social media—from staffing to training to collaborating in-house—from Mike Brown.
- Get your event attendees into the game (and impress them with your social media savvy) by making Foursquare a part of the festivities with these ideas from Jono Smith.
- When it comes to thanking your supporters, don’t let a default auto-responder do the heavy lifting. Michael Gastaldo on NetWits Think Tank suggests a few ways your nonprofit can craft engaging and informative acknowledgement emails.
- If you’re both a football fan and a data geek, this post from Google about Superbowl search trends was written with you in mind. Here’s to a great game this weekend—I’m already looking forward to preseason in August.
A weekly roundup of interesting reads from the online world of nonprofit communications. Follow me on Twitter @elizabethricca for more noteworthy links.