Time to make a connection | Weekly Roundup
- As Katya Andreson points out, it’s important to appeal to your supporters’ emotions when you’re trying to convince them to give money or take action. Wondering what that looks like? Here’s a great example: a clever, compelling video from Friends of the Earth that encourages viewers to make a connection to their cause.
- Inspired? Maddy Grant on SocialFishing shares a few useful tools and web apps for online storytelling that can help your nonprofit’s story come to life.
- Your messages may be smart, effective, and audience-centric–but if they go out at the wrong time, they’ll never get seen. Here’s some advice from Nancy Schwartz on how to time your nonprofit’s emails, Facebook posts, and more.
- Make sure your nonprofit’s next tech project runs smoothly with these helpful tips from Marc Baizman on Idealware’s blog.
- Check out the latest in mobile payment services: Google Wallet, which lets you use your phone like a credit card. Mobile payments aren’t exactly mainstream, but it’s worth keeping an eye out as they grow–will your nonprofit be ready when more of your donors go mobile?
Visit the Duck Call every Monday for our weekly roundup of interesting reads from the online world of nonprofit communications. For more noteworthy links, follow me on Twitter @elizabethricca.