The Million Dollar Question | Weekly Roundup
- Quora, the burgeoning question and answer site, is still a little under the radar, especially in the world of nonprofit communications. But there’s potential yet to be uncovered there, according to SocialBrite. They’ve pulled together ten tips for using the site to your advantage.
- Think your Twitter followers aren’t giving major gifts? Think again. The Veritas Group has a post on how the social network can play a role in cultivating those large-scale donors that sustain your organization.
- Does your message move your supporters to act or give? If not, you should be thinking about the key ingredients for a good story. NTEN’s got the lowdown on messages that move.
- With Sandy still impacting thousands of lives across the East Coast, there’s plenty of giving to be done. Check out Mashable’s round up of six innovative fundraising campaigns for victims of last month’s superstorm (and give if you can!).
- And don’t forget to check out Big Duck’s post-Sandy webinar, Communicating Before, During and After a Crisis, this Friday, November 16th at 1:00pm EST. Sign up here and spread the word – all proceeds will benefit the Brooklyn Recovery Fund.
Visit the Duck Call every Monday for our weekly roundup of interesting reads from the online world of nonprofit communications.