The P@$$w0rd is… | Weekly Roundup
- If your default password is “password,” it might be time for an upgrade (this goes for your nonprofit’s online accounts, too). Need convincing? The fine folks at Common Craft break down the risks and offer tips for crafting a great password in this handy video.
- A recent report from Pew Internet shows that mobile access to the Internet continues to rise–59% of American adults are active online through mobile devices (with even higher rates in some minority groups). Is your website ready for a world of tiny cell phone screens?
- Nanhi Kali, a nonprofit that helps underprivileged girls, is trying a new approach to fundraising through storytelling: a choose-your-own-adventure video series, where your donations unlock new chapters. Katya Andreson considers the pros and cons of their approach on Nonprofit Marketing Blog.
- If you’re making one of these social media mistakes identified by Social Media Examiner, don’t fret–they’ve also compiled some helpful tips for bringing your online efforts back on course.
- We all know that we need to optimize our websites for search engines, but did you ever wonder how those search results come about? PPCBlog breaks it down with an interesting visualization of how Google indexes pages and returns results for your searches. Or maybe it’s just magic.