Once upon a time… | Weekly Roundup
- Storytelling is the key to the kingdom when it comes to inspiring supporters and donors to connect with your organization’s mission. On Socialbrite, Kim Bale shares some examples of how nonprofits are using inexpensive and easy-to-use online tools to build powerful visual presentations, as well as suggestions for how you can follow their lead.
- What’s a pretty new website without shiny new content to match? If you’re redesigning your site, don’t forget to spruce up and reorganize the words as well. Morgan Schneeberger makes the case for preparing a detailed content inventory on NetWits Think Tank.
- John Haydon demystifies the universe of Facebook Pages with a handy video explaining a number of useful and underutilized Facebook features. Yes, it is possible to edit that thumbnail.
- Building community online is no easy task, but this post full of advice and tips from Nicole Harrison at The Ritter Group makes it seem almost manageable. Online community? Check.
- Geoff Livingston cautions nonprofits to take a step back before jumping on the online contest bandwagon. Contests like the Pepsi Refresh Project may seem like an obvious win-win at first, but there are pros and cons to consider before you invest resources in going after the prize.