New frontiers to conquer in volunteering, fundraising, and more | Weekly Round-Up
Here’s to another lovely week of nonprofit communicating.
- A New York Times op-ed discusses the importance of messaging for causes and aid efforts, in terms that spark some disagreement in the nonprofit sector, as Allison Fine captures on her blog.
- If you’re reflecting on your organization’s use of social media, this social media guide from the American Red Cross is a must-read.
- As our attention spans get shorter and shorter, we look for commitments that come in smaller and smaller pieces. Enter microvolunteering! What do you think — could you put your volunteers to work a minute or two at a time?
- Still struggling to connect your Facebook fan base to your website audience? A new embeddable “Fan Box” widget lets you put the latest activity from your fan page right on your homepage.
- A great guest post on Beth’s Blog shares details and lessons learned from implementing a short, targeted Twitter fundraising campaign.