First impressions | Weekly Roundup
- Gut check: apparently it takes a website visitor only 50 milliseconds to judge a site’s design (from Smart Blog on Social Media). That makes the two seconds they spend looking at your emails seem positively lingering by comparison (from Future Fundraising Now). What kind of first impression are you making on your audiences?
- Should your nonprofit dive into foursquare? Nonprofit Tech 2.0 has compiled a list of the types of organizations that might benefit the most from exploring the location-based service.
- From Webconnex Blog, a helpful list of what not to do when you’re trying to raise money online. Time to take another look at that donation page.
- Measuring the value of your online videos can be a tricky business. Michael Hoffman at See3 suggests some helpful questions to ask yourselves as you think about videos and ROI.
- It’s a holiday weekend! That’s right folks, Social Media Day was this Wednesday, as declared by Mashable. I observed the day by attending 501 Tech Club NYC to talk about nonprofits and foursquare–how did you celebrate? Oh, and happy Fourth of July.