Can you spare one minute for Big Duck?
Greetings on this lovely Summer day. We need a little bit of help from you, our loyal Duck Call readers!
Big Duck is applying for a $250,000 grant from Chase’s Mission: Small Business program. We are asking for funds to support expanding our training programs for nonprofit organizations. With the funding, we’d be able to:
- Offer trainings about communications for nonprofits in cities with major concentrations of nonprofits in need, including Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington DC, and Boston. The funding would be used to develop content, organize, promote and staff these events, which would be free to participating organizations.
- Create a cohort of nonprofits to participate in a peer-based learning training program. Vetted by an application process, a select group of 20 communications fellows would meet twice in-person in New York, and regularly via phone/web-based tools, for training on a variety of nonprofit communications topics.
- Develop a searchable database of resources that qualified nonprofits to access for a low monthly cost.
Do these programs sound like something your nonprofit or others could use? We need your help to make it happen!
In order to even be considered, we need 250 votes by June 30th. As of now, we have 126 (halfway there!). Can you please take a minute and vote as described below?
HOW TO VOTE:
- Go to https://www.missionsmallbusiness.com
- Click the [Log In & Support] button on the bottom right and add the Facebook app
- Search for ‘Big Duck’ (no need to fill in city or state)
- Pass it on!
Thanks so much for helping us out. And please do feel free to share this request with any friends who know the value of smart communications for nonprofits.