Nonprofits… time to get into the ‘gram?
Hey nonprofiteers, have you played with Instagram yet? With daily active users eclipsing Twitter and its recent acquisition by Facebook, this may be one shiny object you can no longer afford to ignore. In the sea of over 7 million users, is there space for your nonprofit? We think there very well might be. Here are some resources to get you started:
- Learn more about what Instagram is from the masters themselves. The good people behind this app have a helpful support center waiting for your questions.
- Dig in. Set up a personal account first, connect with a few friends, and start snapping pics of your cat, the view outside your window, your delicious dinner, or a romatic sunset. Whatever strikes your fancy. Just add a caption with a hashtag, apply a filter, and voilà… you are on your way.
- Follow other nonprofits who are rocking it on this tool and get inspired. Here are some recent posts that highlight some fine examples:
- Snap and click the right stuff. Tools are great, but content is always king. Consider some of these tips on how to take a great photo, from one of our very own Ducks, Art Director Rebecca Hume.
- Experiment with hashtags, photo caption contests, and more. Think about how you can connect your organization’s use of Instagram with your marketing strategy.
- Connect the dots. They say photos are one of the best ways to engage your fans on Facebook. So share your fabulous Instagram photos there too!
Did I convince you to try it yet? Are you already a pro? Share what works for your nonrpofit (or what doesn’t) in the comments below.