Facebook, Facebook everywhere | Weekly Roundup
- Randi Zuckerberg, head of Facebook’s marketing initiatives, shares five tips for nonprofits getting started on Facebook in a video interview with Frank Barry of NetWits Think Tank. And she should know–her brother is a Facebook co-founder, after all.
- Text message fundraising has a lot of potential for savvy nonprofits, but as a New York Times article about some of the challenges organizations have faced while raising money for Haiti reminds us, there are still a number of bumps in the road before it has mainstream value as a fundraising channel.
- If you were browsing the Facebook world this week, you might have noticed a bit of a kerfuffle going on over at Nestle’s Facebook page. Using Nestle’s PR predicament as an example, Olivier Blanchard offers tips relevant to any organization faced with a social media crisis.
- Do you use Google Bookmarks? It’s been around a while, but a newly-released list feature makes it a fresh player in the social bookmarking space.
If I’m not careful, Google will own literally all of my online activity before long. I guess that’s the point…
- If you’re frustrated by the limitations of Facebook Insights when measuring your Page’s metrics, here’s a step-by-step guide from Social Media Examiner on how to add Google Analytics to your page.
- Not only has Facebook completely taken over the Roundup this week, but it’s apparently also a menace to public health. Good times.