Year-end fundraising campaign planning workshop
Hosted at Big Duck
September 15, 2017 9:00 am–September 15, 2017 5:00 pm
Does year-end fundraising season always seem to sneak up on you, like it’s been hiding behind the water cooler just waiting for the perfect moment? Are you wondering how you can stand out when our supporters are getting so many emails and mailings?
We’re here to get you started with a special workshop at Big Duck’s office. In our full-day Year-end Fundraising Campaign Planning Workshop, we’ll help you figure out your year-end fundraising campaign’s core components and design a roadmap to bring it to life.
What should you do for #GivingTuesday? How many emails should you send in December? How can you best use Facebook and integrate the annual appeal you send in the mail with all of this? How do we stand out when our supporters are getting so many emails and mailings? Big Duck’s Vice President, Farra Trompeter, will help you work all that out in this immersive workshop.
During this small group session you’ll learn how to plan and execute your year-end fundraising campaign. We’ll discuss overall best practices; the benefits of creating a theme; how to blend direct mail, email, social media, your website: pacing; segmentation; and more. We’ll even touch on ways to evaluate your campaign so you know what to measure before you launch—and what to analyze once the dollars come in.
This is the perfect workshop for staff or organizations that are newer to the world of multi-channel, year-end fundraising campaigns.
Who should attend?
- Development or communications staff from nonprofit organizations with an existing list of individual donors to solicit online and/or offline, who are newer to multi-channel fundraising.
- Please note: This workshop is open to nonprofit professionals only.
This workshop will help you:
- Generate new ideas inspired by what other nonprofits are doing
- Understand year-end fundraising best practices and apply them to your nonprofit
- Learn how to leverage #GivingTuesday and the holiday season to raise more
- Plan, execute, and assess your own multi-channel fundraising campaign in-house
When and where?
This workshop is one full day at Big Duck’s office in DUMBO, Brooklyn.
- September 15, 9:00am – 5:00pm
What does it cost?
The workshop is $480 if you register before September 1, and costs $515 after that date.
Before the workshop…
We’ll provide a list of materials to gather and questions to consider so that you can come prepared to get the most out of this immersive workshop and hit the ground running afterwards.
The day of the workshop…
This workshop will be a casual, immersive style workshop. We’ll serve breakfast and you’ll be on your own for lunch.
Contact Farra Trompeter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 718 237 9551 x114. You can sign up for the workshop via Eventbrite, here.